Saturday 2 October 2010

Solipsistic Pop Previews.

WELL FOLKS my new website is NEARLY finished and I hope to launch it in the next week or two. When it is up I'll be back to full updates with the online comic pretty soon. I'm working on lots of new stuff so have been very busy- this stuff includes a 4 page story for Solipsistic Pop 3- for which you can see a few preview pages by other artists on the website. Here is a sneak panel from mine which I showed on twitter a while back.

And check out the awesome cover by Marc Ellerby! Yeah!

There was an excellent review on The Comics Journal this week about Solipsistic Pop 2. I don't usually quote on here (or anywhere) but it mentioned my Sour Rabbit and Crispy Duck pages and I wanted to comment on the last bit-

"The book goes a bit more lo-fi with the funny animal adventures of a pair of sad sacks named Sour Rabbit and Crispy Duck, a cutely rendered tale by Lizz Lunney that hits the usual middle-school and adult loser beats with a few funny twists. The fact that it ends on a cliffhanger is more than a little annoying for an anthology that comes out so rarely."

I guess it is pretty annoying that it ends on a cliffhanger! My reason for this is that I intended it as a sample of a longer (book length) story which I'm working on. I probably already linked the Avoid The Future review from a few months ago which also goes into detail on Sour Rabbit and Crispy Duck- I've found it really interesting getting some in-depth feedback on these particular characters just because of the fact it is part of a bigger thing. Luckily (for anyone else who thought the same) my comic in issue 3 is a complete story!

No comments: