Wednesday, 22 June 2011
Thursday, 9 June 2011
Here is the press release for Birmingham Zine Festival, do go ahead and spread the word! We also have a limited number of extra table spaces as far as I know so if you are interested in exhibiting it might not be too late, email us to check!
Birmingham Zine Festival press release (5th June 2011) for immediate release.
BIRMINGHAM ZINE FESTIVAL
Saturday 9th July 2011
The Birmingham Zine Festival returns in July 2011 to celebrate alternative publications! It will feature a varied collection of exhibitors who self-publish books, comics and magazines. Over 30 individual zine-makers and distributors are coming from all over the country to display and sell their work. Members of the public are invited to browse the work on show and take part in our workshops.
- The Birmingham Zine Fair takes place at We Are Birmingham, 12 noon to 6pm. Badge-making and drawing workshops will be running throughout the day. Refreshments will also be available.
- T-shirt Printing Workshop hosted by Get A Grip will take place at The Custard Factory, at 1pm. Space is limited, so early booking is advised.
- BBQ provided by The Jekyll and Hyde pub in their courtyard, 6pm – 9pm.
- Aftershow Party hosted by Sugarfoot Stomp will take place at the Jekyll and Hyde pub, in the Gin Parlour, 8pm – 1.30am.
Sunday 10th July 2011
- Zine Picnic at Cannonhill Park. Meet us in the park at 2pm for an informal gathering. Bring some food and bring some zines!
July 2011 TBC
- Gareth Courage Exhibition at We Are Birmingham, featuring artwork for the independent record and publishing label, First Fold.
- Film Night featuring contributions from Kino 10. In addition, Rob Horrocks will be hosting a show and tell.
- Book making, book binding and kids lino/block printing workshops.
The first ever Birmingham Zine Festival took place in September 2010. It is run by volunteers who wish to celebrate and showcase exciting work that is published by independent artists and writers. Building on the success of our previous event, this year’s festival is shaping up to be even bigger and better! http://www.birminghamzinefestival.com/
Wednesday, 8 June 2011
I go away on Friday on a working holiday to Cornwall for a week! In a caravan!!! YEAH! I will be spending the time working on various exciting upcoming projects, some announced this week:
Solipsistic Pop Issue 4!!!!!
Ink and Paper magazine!!!!
Paper Science 6!!!
As well as greetings cards, one a day comics for August and a NEW COMIC! Estimated release date for most of the above will be October/November (probably)
TOMORROW I'll be putting the bears up on Grizzly Bear Thursday and getting all the prizes posted out as well as some shop orders to Here Gallery Bristol, Travelling Man Leeds and Orbital London so they all have new stock. This weekend I'll also be dropping stuff at Daves comics in Brighton!
Because I'll be away the tumblr will be having a little break and I'll only have limited phone Internet access so expect a blog post when I'm back.
Oh I'm also super busy organising Birmingham Zine Festival but will do a follow up blog post on that before I leave at the end of the week, maybe later today.